Pick intention words that describe how you want to feel
For the last three years I've been leading a group that does a ritual each month by phone to plan for the month ahead.* Part of that process is choosing an intention. "This month I choose to feel _______" and we each fill in the blank.
I kept track of those words over those months, and at the end of 2017 I made a list of all the words. This intention deck reflects some of the best and most used intentions.
Why use intention words
You can't always control what you have to do, but you can influence how you feel about doing it.
You do that by choosing intention words - words that describe how you want to feel.
Are you always going to hit the mark? No, but when you're clear on how you want to feel then you can then choose actions that support feeling that way.
Here are some of examples:
If your intention is to feel focused, then the supportive action is to take distractions off your desk before beginning.
If your intention is to feel radiant, I happen to know that a little upbeat dancing lifts the mood and overflows into everything else you do. Instant radiance!
If your intention is to feel gentle, each time you look at the card, you're reminded to stop chiding yourself for not being perfect. The internal dialogue immediately softens, and gentleness wins the day.
And "curious" beats feeling guilty every time!
Intention words are an indispensable focusing tool and this deck supports the practice of using intentions words. They're an engaging way to keep your words in front of you, a steady reminder that even when you can't choose what you're doing, you can take steps to choose how you want to feel.
Use these cards to:
- Support intentions you've chosen for yourself
- Choose intentions for the week, the year, or a single work session
- Visual reminder that you have an intention
- Support your small business and stay focused as a solo-preneur
- Get guidance or clarify other tarot/oracle card readings
* If you're curious about how ritual can possibly work over the phone, or you'd like to turn calendar time into sacred time, join us for one of our Monthly Planning Rituals. Drop me an email and the first one is one me!