But sometimes I come across something that works with - no explanation - but it’s so good that there’s no reason to fight it!
It shouldn’t. There is no reason that shaking this jar of kale soaked in bourbon should cause that check to arrive tomorrow, or be the reason I found $20 on the sidewalk. And yet…
Admittedly, it’s not always a one-to-one connection. It isn’t always cash. Sometimes it’s a lucky stroke, or the perfect connection. Prosperity, after all, isn’t only defined by money and in “magic” it’s always best to go with the wider definition and the broader view.
- So, if you could use a little prosperity, go to the grocery store and pick up a bunch of kale. (Yes, kale.)
- Head to the liquor store and buy a cheap (cheap!!) bottle of bourbon. No substitutions on this one, either, but using a more expensive brand does NOT improve this one’s potency so keep it affordable.
- Use a mason jar or (more likely) an empty spaghetti sauce jar.
- Put about half the kale into the jar. Make the pieces about the size of your hand and get them in pretty good but not so tight that the bourbon won’t be able to move all around.
- Fill to the top with bourbon – COVER the kale, otherwise it gets weird and white in the sun. You can leave a little space at the top (maybe half an inch) so that when you shake it you get some bubbles and a good splashy sound. (Makes it feel like it’s doing more.)
- Put the jar in a sunny spot in your kitchen. (Yes, if it’s for your business it can go in your office but find it a sunny spot.)
- Shake when in need.
Prosperity will come. It’s your job to recognize it in whichever form it comes in.
And now, excuse me. There’s a check from a client that’s long overdue. I’m gonna go give my jar a shake because I could really use some prosperity right now.
PS And because I love you, here's what to do to make sure that extra kale doesn't go to waste!
Pre-heat oven to 350. (Even though an oven has only two states - "heated and unheated." Thank you, George Carlin!)
Break kale into "chip"-sized pieces. Spray with Pam (or the organic equivalent.) Sprinkle with salt and/or cumin.
PPS You're on your own with the left-over bourbon!